The South County Pre-Kindergarten Co-Op has been uniquely designed and is prepared to accomplish our Mission and Educational Goals. We have small class sizes with a small parent-to-child ratio. Our facility is large and well equipped to provide children an opportunity to explore and create. We also provide an opportunity for parents to participate in their child’s first school experience and to meet other families with young children. Most importantly, we like to have fun!
All our classes follow the The Creative Curriculum for Preschool by Dodge, Colker and Heroman. “The Creative Curriculum® for Preschool is remarkably comprehensive, offering a valuable overview of the theories and research behind the Curriculum, and integrating new developments in the field? The Creative Curriculum for Preschool is indeed one of the most useful tools in our profession, offering ’the big picture’ and a range of specific, practical strategies.” – Margie Carter, early childhood college instructor, author, consultant.
* Choosing to enroll in the South County Preschool Co-op was one of the best decisions that I have ever made as a parent. My four children are all graduates of the school and the social skills and the fostering of a love of play have served them beyond measure. All four have thrived in school and have made honor roll or principals honor roll every single marking period. They have made lifelong friends that they went to preschool with as have I. The sense of community, support of one another and the caring environment that the Co-op exemplifies is priceless. I can’t recommend it enough.
Cheers to whale school!
* All four of my children went to the South County Pre-Kindergarten Co-op and it’s the best first school experience I could have ever imagined for each of them. Barbara and Ann are exceptional teachers and truly love working with preschoolers! The SCPC environment encourages learning through discovery and social interaction. My children loved circle time, the house area, dress-ups, the blocks, painting, daily art projects, science experiments and interactive songs.
Since SCPC is a co-op, parents get to be involved in their child’s education. You get a chance to be the parent helper, you play with your child and get to really know the other children in their class. My children loved the days when I was the parent helper and I would stay and play with them. You also really get to know the other parents in the class. My children and I made “lifetime” friends through our experience at SCPC.
SCPC is an exceptional preschool. I would highly recommend it to any family who is looking to be involved in their child’s education and is looking for a positive, nurturing environment.
* My daughter just completed her second year at SCPC, and we could not have asked for a more nurturing preschool environment. It was so rewarding as a parent to be part of her first school experience, and the two teachers – who have been there together for over 20 years – are absolute pros. Kids are encouraged to “just be kids” while getting to be creative and encounter amazing learning activities.
* Our family loves the South County Pre-K Co-op! The teachers are AMAZING, the experience is unforgettable, and the families are some of the most caring and selfless people you will ever meet. SCPC is awesome because it allows you the parent to take part in what is most likely your child’s first school experience. It is the perfect way to transition into a school atmosphere for both the parents and the child.
To sweeten the pot, it is extremely affordable for families that may be relying on a single income. SCPC is comparatively much more budget friendly than other preschools in Anne Arundel and Calvert County.
* This is a great school! The teachers (who have been there over 20 years) love the children and are amazing. In addition I love being in the class once a month to see whats going on and the friendships that I’ve made with the other moms. My daughter loves the learn by play philosophy they subscribe to. She’s learning so much and doesn’t even realize it. I can’t recommend this school and the teachers enough. Plus its very affordable!
* We loved the Co-op while our daughter was there. As a stay at home mom, I was thrilled to have the opportunity to go into my daughters classroom periodically to help out and meet her friends and see what they were working on. As an added bonus I made a couple wonderful friendships of my own! My daughter loved going to pre-school to see her friends, do arts and crafts and play up on the hill! On her days off she would wake and ask if she could go to school that day. Loved Ms. Anne and Ms. Barbara… both caring,
steady and responsible teachers!